At Seven Hills we are especially keen to get those who have less experience in convention GMing involved. Seven Hills is a small and friendly convention, and a great place to break into the joys (and it is joyful) of convention GMing.
Whether you’re fairly new or completely new to GMing at conventions, or have fallen out of the habit, we want you as well as our old hands. Indeed, some of these old hands have volounteered to act as mentors for newer GMs. We will also give you a small bribe at the time of the convention, to show how your efforts are appreciated.
So please, GM for us, have fun, and do not be intimidated.
Some advice for convention GMs:
- Five tips for GMs from the Smart Party (with lots more on the blog).
- Advice from Darran Sims.
- A convention GM advice thread on the UKRoleplayers forum.
- Baz Stephens’ pay what you want essay, Conventional Wisdom, with a section on GMing at conventions.
- Greg Stolze’s essay, How to Run Roleplaying Games.
- The Smart Party Podcast on convention games.